Connect with Source
By Keith Varnum
Daily stress getting to you? Want more peace and joy in your life? With terrorism, layoffs and pollution, can you feel safe and happy? Yes, you can—by tapping into Divine Source. We each have our own personal portal to the security, love, money and health we desire.
During many years of observing others and myself searching for fulfillment, I’ve noticed an essential ingredient is often missing. I call this ingredient Direct Connection with Source, or God. Without this quality in its authentic form, no folks I know have been able to achieve the contentment they’re seeking.
Throughout the years of assisting others and myself to feel truly joyous and free, I’ve watched people try to ignore, deny or rationalize away the importance of having a reliable, genuine link with Source. I’ve witnessed friends and clients attempt to fake it, substitute for it, and try to steal and borrow it from others. All these efforts have been in vain. Their time and energy would have been put to better use by focusing on allowing this quality to become a solid, personal reality in their life. In my experience, the conscious state of Connection with Divine Source is absolutely critical for genuine, lasting satisfaction in the Earth journey.
The Ego’s Conspiracy
When you genuinely recognize the fundamental truth of your own inescapable Connection with Source, the gig is up! The whole charade of separation is exposed as a lie—and, in fact, as an impossibility. This revelation is a death knoll for the aspect of you that tries to destroy your joy by threatening you with disapproval, disease and death.
This part of you that doesn’t want to give “up the ghost” (the illusion of separation) is variously referred to as the ego, mind, intellect, conditioning, programming or personality. This aspect of you bought into the common social experience that we’re separate and disconnected from God.
The Truth Revealed
In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. You’re an eternal being, whether you like it or not, whether you’re aware of it or not! And having a personal direct connection to Source is a way to experience for yourself beyond doubt that you have an everlasting permanency!
Re-Connect on All Levels
This shift of attention cannot be just a mental exercise. You need to make a wholesale re-identification of your entire being with a personal everyday Connection with Source. This re-identification must be fully integrated on the emotional, spiritual, biological and molecular levels. And it’s crucial you create direct, first-hand, tangible and repeatable evidence that you have a permanent union with God.
The benefit of this personal, factual validation takes Source from the realm of the ideal to the reality of the practical. When you prove your Source nature to yourself repeatedly, at will, on your own terms, in your own way, and in your world, then it becomes real for you.
Grab Your Freedom
The whole process of accepting your Connection with Divine Source snowballs in the direction of freedom. The more time you spend in the vibration of personal power—Connection with Source, the easier it becomes to keep all your attention there. Soon, you find yourself living every day in an ocean of Infinite Supply. You have returned to the joyful state of Connection with Source.
How Do I Connect to Source?
1. One very effective way to experience Connection with Source is to use the complete recall of intuition. Intuition is the aspect of our consciousness that can remind us accurately, without ego filters or bias, of everything that has ever happened to us in our lifetime. Using intuitive, meditative, shamanic soul journeying, you can guide yourself to experientially re-connect with peak moments in your life when you did directly experience the vibration, energy and reality of Connection with Source—moments when you knew with certainty your true nature of personal eternalness.
2. Spend as much time in Nature as possible each day. Go to the country, a city park or your backyard. Walk barefoot in the grass. Garden. Let the wind, sun and rain affect you, touch you.
3. Engage in active, physical activities that you find centering, grounding, energizing and fun! … and, therefore, enlivening your fundamental, base line vibration of connection. The more you participate in life, the more life will flow through you. Walk, hike, run, swim, cook, play music, sing, skydive, quilt, fly a kite, hang with kids and animals.
4. Take some time each day to enjoy silence—so that you can hear Spirit when it speaks to you. This can be an active meditation—like yoga, tai-chi, walking or running—as well as a sitting or non-active mediation. The key here is to spend time not using your ego mind.
5. Hang out with people focused on the same intention as you: expanding their awareness, opening their heart and activating their higher frequencies. You can do this through friends and many social or spiritual groups. Go to a workshop or life coaching with a spiritual mentor.
6. Play at life. Play with life. Play in life … rather than plan, calculate or manipulate.
In these ways your internal pilot light will be continually re-lit. Your eternal inner fire of power, passion and permanence will burn more brightly.
The Fun Snowballs Upwards!
As you come alive again within, you naturally attract more outer evidence of your ability to source everything you desire in life. As you begin to vibrate at the frequency of Connection with Source in your everyday life, you attract more personal, direct evidence that you are always (all ways) in union with God. Remember, like vibration attracts and creates like vibration.
The more experientially convincing it becomes to you that you are connected with Source—and in charge of your own energy and survival—the more you will keep your creative attention focused on the realness of your own Connection with Source. As more attention remains focused on your true personal power, less attention is available to slip back into energizing old patterns of separation and powerlessness. Old fears of victimhood, insecurity and loneliness diminish and eventually dissolve from lack of sustaining attention.
You become self-sustaining. You allow others to do whatever they choose. You authentically offer others the space to be just as they are. You become more able to give the gift of total acceptance, unconditional love. Life becomes a lot more fun!
Break on through to Source
Connecting to Source is a fun and easily attainable state—since it is, after all, our natural state of being. Give it a chance. Relax that grip on your old picture of yourself and what you think is life is about. That’s all it takes to re-activate your direct link to the Oneness of all life!