The Truth Seminar
A new way to live and a new way to love
We’re not loving anybody to whom we are lying
That includes ourselves
In The Truth Seminar we demonstrate the awesome power of personal authenticity and accuracy.
People who speak simply and clearly are choosing freedom and joy over the illusion of lies.
What Happens When We Tell the Truth?
People love us when we give up our pretense.
We exchange the suffering of lying to the freedom of heartful expression
We quit invalidating the brilliant nature of our unique spirit.
The Truth Seminar is about:
Expressing with honesty, compassion and forgiveness
Interacting with others as the wise beings we are, instead of the masks we are not
Exposing the untruths in the present that are blocking our health, wealth and happiness
Supporting each other to tell and hear the truth
Discovering firsthand that life works best when we express ourselves authenticall
The Advantages of Living Out Loud!
Living Out Loud is communication that is direct, complete, open, expressive and transparent.
Until we are honest with who we are, we can never really connect with other people.
Releasing the heavy load of pretense leads to real aliveness and intimacy with others.
When we shed our armor and start telling the truth, we are accepted by others.
We have the freedom to create what we want in life according to our own preferences, rather than imagined obligations and role requirements.
In a recent survey of 40,000 Americans, 93% admitted to lying “regularly and habitually in the workplace.” By making lying a lifestyle, we have missed the creative power and joy of simply being our Real Selves. Lying is not wrong; it’s just very hazardous to our health and happiness.
Lying keeps us safe. By being inaccurate about the facts we mislead ourselves.
The truth is too scary. The truth leads to freedom. Lying leads to self-imposed fear.
Lying is easy. Lying is hard on our health and happiness.
Lying is practical. Protecting our image takes a heavy toll on effectiveness.
Lying works. Deep down everyone knows when we’re lying to them.
Being honest is restrictive. Free, spontaneous, unedited expression is liberating.
Quit the Maintenance Project
Lying to oneself and others by trying to maintain a false picture of one’s life is the primary source of most tension, anxiety and unhappiness. The stress of constantly pretending, avoiding being found out and trying to maintain inauthentic relationships is an ongoing, major source of misery, depression, illness and inner conflict.
Benefits of Honest Communication
- Less stress in life and work
- More effectiveness in creating the future you envision
- Rapid healing of the past
- More authentic, alive relationships with friends and family
- Increased sexual pleasure with your partner
- Improved relationships with boss, peers and clients at work
- A lighter, easier life that is more fun
- A body and environment that truly supports us in being ourselves
- Attracts a livelihood that expresses one’s genuine self
The Truth is Our Best Friend
- Joy and love grow and last when our daily expression is aligned with our soul purpose and passion.
- It’s more fun and exciting to be aware and accurate than it is to be numb and unconscious.
- Our honest feedback or response is the greatest gift we can give to another person.
- Each person’s experience is uniquely theirs. Validation by others doesn’t make our experience right. Disagreement doesn’t make our experience wrong.
When we’re in our minds thinking and editing what we’re saying, we’re lost somewhere in the remembered past or imagined future. We’re not here and now where our power is.
- When we don’t admit what is real and factual, circumstances get set in motion that are not right for us.
- Our decisions are made from denial and fear in the absence of clarity and accuracy.
- Old patterns from our past determine our future.
When we tell the truth, we bring ourselves into the joy of integrity simply by describing what is so.
An honest person is free and happy by virtue of not being lost in their own fictions.
As we deal with each new life encounter with integrity, we naturally undo the patterns of inaccurate, inappropriate and non-aligned decisions that were made when we were lying. Each time we align our actions with our Real Self, the energy is released that was holding that non-harmonious lie in place. As we show up to handle each moment of life accurately, we liberate tremendous energy which comes home to us as our personal power. More energy can flow through a congruent, aligned life. We can use this natural creative life force to fund our deepest dreams.
What It’s like to Live in The Truth Zone?
- We are the same person with everyone in our lives: our parents, family, friends, lover, boss.
- We are honest in our listening. We don’t fake interest. Our interactions are more fulfilling.
When people tell themselves the truth about what truly is and is not working in their lives, they can make real and lasting changes. Real change occurs because people deal with what is really so in their life, instead of what they wish, think, believe, hope or assert is true.
In an atmosphere of authentic safety and support, we offer a taste of the rapture and elation of staying accurate. Once people experience the aliveness of being present and the dullness of unconsciousness, they realize the choice is theirs… at the workshop and when they return to their everyday life. The fastest and easiest way to move beyond the Past is to have an exciting Present to embrace.
The dynamism, gentleness and safety of kindred spirits mutually and freely united in the pursuit of truth and freedom is very profound. We
- Assist each other to consciously reveal our fictions and be more accurate about our lives
- Support each other in the process of shedding old perspectives and building new ones
Experience directly that being present in our truth is more effective, helpful, powerful, safe and loving than living unconsciously in the lies.